Me and my my "Main Squeeze"

Friday, September 8, 2017

Best Friends

WHAT IF

What if you had a friend that . . .

Was crazy-mad-head-over-heels in love with you,
Never disappointed you,
Was with you 24 hours a day,
Loved to have fun,
Knew your faults in detail but looked past them into your inner eyes,
Freely forgave before you even asked,
Spoke just the right words at the right time.
You could tell anything,

What if they . . .

Understood exactly what was bugging you,
Would never move to another town,
Would never abandon you,
Loyally stood up for you against your enemies,
Would never be mad at you,
Kept their word,
Showered you with the best of gifts,

Yeah right!!  Dream on!  Nobody can do that. 

But what if ???

How would you handle it?
How long would it take to believe it was true?
Would anything in you change?

I’ve found a Friend, oh, such a Friend!
  He loved me ere I knew Him;
He drew me with the cords of love,
  And thus He bound me to Him.
And round my heart still closely twine
  Those ties which naught can sever,
For I am His, and He is mine,
  Forever and forever.
I’ve found a Friend, oh, such a Friend!
  He bled, He died to save me;
And not alone the gift of life,
  But His own self He gave me.
Naught that I have my own I call,
  I hold it for the Giver;
My heart, my strength, my life, my all,
  Are His, and His forever.
I’ve found a Friend, oh, such a Friend!
  So kind, and true, and tender,
So wise a Counsellor and Guide,
  So mighty a Defender!
From Him who loves me now so well,
  What power my soul can sever?
Shall life or death, or earth or hell?
  No? I am His forever.

- J.G. Small

No comments: