Me and my my "Main Squeeze"

Sunday, August 9, 2009

The latest on Jon's spiritual journey:


I have a close relative who is homosexual and distant from the family. There is a part of me that wants to reach out to him and show him the love of Jesus but will the message of Christ love be clouded by my own hang ups? God is doing great things in my soul . . . things I want. God is asking me to love, not to judge; He is much better at that anyway. He showed me today how He handled a similar situation.


Luke 19:5 And when Jesus came to that place, he looked up and said to him, "Zacchaeus, come down quickly, because I must stay at your house today."


Jesus did not fear that socializing with a sinner would appear as if He were condoning the stealing which was going on. Can I do the same today? If I care for those in darkness as Jesus did, I will.


Lord open the doors - I think I am ready.